Jo Sharp Cable Vest


After several years of sporadic knitting the Jo Sharp Cable vest is finally complete! It is knitted in Patons DK mercerised cotton which gives it a nice sheen and the firmness of the yarn was good for the cabling.

I used Easter Sunday to pick up and knit the neck and armholes, before and after the Zambelli family Easter Sunday lunch. I don’t like picking up stitches so I cheated slightly and left the back neck edge stitches on a cable holder rather than casting off and having to pick up from these cast off stitches. I also picked up much fewer stitches around the armholes than the pattern suggested, possibly as I slip one at the start of every row so there were fewer edge stitches to pick up. This didn’t seem to be a problem though.

I used the stretchy bind off for neck and armholes – this really is as miraculous as described!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: