Jaunty was finished at the beginning of December, and has been worn a couple of times. It was knitted in Mirasol Sulka Legato (60% Merino Wool, 20% Alpaca, 20% Silk). The pattern called for using two strands of lace weight yarn but as this yarn is nearly double lace weight I just used one strand as I wanted it to be very light and lacy. The lace pattern on the sleeves is the first time I have tried lace knitting – it took all of my concentration (not for TV knitting!) and I did have to unpick the odd row, something I normally never have to do.
I was wearing this top to a PhD workshop recently and it was admired by a London College of Fashion student who is doing a practice-based PhD in “Self-regulating, knitted fabric system capable of moisture harvesting to establish an aeroponic micro-environment sustaining plant life” (so it is possible to do a PhD in knitting!!!). He particularly liked the use of cable to shape the fabric.
The following photos try to replicate some of the poses in the pattern photographs. Spot lapsed-knitter scandalousartefacts in the reflection! And admire the research shed!